1. Feed timely: There is mainly two things that a newborn baby needs i.e. feeding and proper sleep. Your baby could demand feeding in every 2 to 3 hours, so make sure you always have something to offer her to feed. Sleeping is a difficult part as a newborn baby is required to sleep more than 16 hours a day but that doesn’t seems to happen at all sometimes, so try to give her short short naps if she don’t sleeps for long time and put her to sleep in a really quite place.
2. Keeping check of your Hygiene: Babys immune system is not quite strong and passive immunity (immunity passes from mother to baby) lasts only for around one month, so keep check of your hygiene before you grab your baby. Always washup and sanitize your hands well in order to decontaminate any kind of infection that could pass from you to baby, wear fresh and clean clothes and also keep the babys room shinny clean and make sure that the baby is in another room/area of the house while you are doing dusting and cleaning work.
3. Don’t get rough while playing with your baby: A gentle Rock a Bye, Pikaboo and short little talks with baby not only helps to soothe her but also helps in fast development of her brain but don’t forget she is just a newborn baby. In many cases of Jiggling, throwing in the air, shaking excessively or any other rough physical playing, people end up hurting there baby and in some cases, it could even caused brain injury. Also make sure that you not get too loud while playing pikaboo or any other game with her as that could hurt her ears or could even scare her.
4. Burp your Baby after every time you feed her: Hold your baby straight so that her chin is on your shoulder and then gently rud her back from upper back to lower back and if she burps, it would help her in digestion, she will be able to sleep well and save her from colic symptoms.
5. Keep toys away from Babys Bed: Before you put your baby into bed, make sure that there are not any soft toys or pillows near her sleeping area as if baby turn around her head, she could get suffocated or it could cause her problem in breathing and also if you co sleep with your baby, make sure to provide her enough space and be careful that your hands, legs or other bodypart doesn’t hurt her.